In June 2016, Friends officially received Charity Status - Registered Charity number 1167901. Trustees are Rachel Seago (ex-parent and Co-Chair), Harriet Dench (Co-Chair), Nicola Abrams (Co-Secretary), David Brandon (Treasurer).
The benefits of registering as a charity include:
- exemption from the payment of income and corporation tax
- eligibility to receive charitable donations from local and national companies
- eligibility to apply to grant-making charitable trusts, statutory and lottery funding organisations
- eligibility for payroll giving and company matched giving schemes
- eligibility to apply for Gift Aid
- promotes the message that your FOECS is working for the benefit of others
- establishes a clear set of rules by which our FOECS operates.