Governor details and interests
The Governing Body of East Claydon School has 9 members. There are:
Parent Governors – representatives but not delegates of parents.
Foundation Governors – represent the church and wider community but is not their delegate.
One Local Education Authority Governor – appointed by the LEA.
One Staff Governor – who represents all school staff but is not their delegate.
Parent Governors – elected by parents at the school.
Foundation Governors – appointed by the Governing Body.
Local Education Authority Governor – appointed by Bucks County Council.
Staff Governors – elected by staff employed by the school.
Governing Body structure
Full Governing Body meetings are held three times per school year. In addition there are a number of committees and governors that have specific responsibilities. These committees all report back to the Full Governing Body.
- Strategic Planning Committee – sets the strategic agenda for the Governing Body and the School.
- Teaching and Learning Committee – deals with the Curriculum and attainment of pupils.
- Finance Committee – oversees budgets and staff.
- General Purposes – deals with buildings, grounds, Health & Safety
Some Governors have additional responsibilities:
- Chair of Governors – The Chair is a key leadership role, leading the governing body and working in partnership with the headteacher to ensure continuous school improvement.
- Vice Chair – supports the Chair and takes on the role of Chairing individual committees.
- Safeguarding Governor – ensures the implementation and maintenance of appropriate safeguarding practices in the school.
- Health & Safety Governor – ensures that the school and the site are compliant with Health & Safety legislation.
- Special Educational Needs Governor – takes a lead on ensuring that the needs of vulnerable learners are met.
- Early Years Governor – ensures that there is effective monitoring of EYFS provision.
- Equalities Governor – ensures that the school promotes equality and ensures that equality of opportunity is available to all.
- Development Governor – supports the training and development needs of the Governing Body