Children join the School in their Reception Year ie in the September after their fourth birthday. We take a maximum of 15 children into our Reception class, with some coming from our local villages and others joining us from as far afield as Aylesbury, Buckingham and Milton Keynes.
As we only have a maximum of 15 children per year group, we combine two-year groups into a single class. We believe that mixed-age classes provide a fantastic opportunity for learning in all year groups and can be used to:
- Personalise learning more effectively due to the focus on skills progression throughout.
- Facilitate reciprocal teaching ie pupils teaching each other in different disciplines and therefore embedding their own knowledge still further;
- Provide both support and challenge for all children.
Our combination of excellent teaching staff and experienced and effective TAs provides outstanding classroom practice to support learning and provide memorable school experiences for our children.
By joining East Claydon Church of England School, children benefit from:
- A small and close-knit community, where everyone knows how to help each child achieve their potential;
- A personalised ethos, providing every child with the right balance of support and challenge;
- A beautiful environment, inside and out, that facilitates learning and provides a great place to learn;
- An immersive curriculum that makes links explicit between different areas of learning so that children can master the application of new skills as well as their initial acquisition;
Curriculum enrichment opportunities through a combination of trips, expert visitors, community involvement and long-term projects;
- Development of their wider 21st Century skill set, and
- Getting involved with the leadership of the school through Junior Governor committees.
Monday to Friday:
8:30am drop off, 8:40am bell goes, 8:45am learning starts
3:10pm pick up for Reception and KS1 (Yr 1&2),
3:15pm pick up for KS2 (Yr 3&4)
After school clubs available